Saturday, June 16, 2007

All Things New

Some interesting things came from the conception of this blog. It initially was created as an online branch of the coffee shop ministry from the Cascade Hills Church of Christ, where thoughts began and, through the conversations we had at The Blue Pepper, were discussed, picked apart, formulated, reformulated and put online to be put on display for all to snicker and sneer at. Since we refocused our efforts this blog has been on hold, for the format wasn't working in its physical form due to various reasons.

I have decided I still like the idea of viewing popular culture through the eyes of God and critiquing and forming connections through it with the help of other people. This is why I am resurrecting the blog, keeping with its previous form without the physical meeting place and focusing its efforts on how God can be found in popular entertainment and artistic forms whether intentionally or not. I will continue to talk about movies, and will add in some music, television, literature and maybe even the obscure comic book reference or celebrity gossip. The contributor list is the same for now, but it may end up being my baby if no other interest is shown.

I hope you will join me where God and culture meet.

No comments: